These enable you to use the shopping basket, will personalise your experience on our site, and give us insight that will help us to improve our website. You can view our Cookies Policy here.
What Is VAT Relief?
1. What is VAT Relief?
- If you’re disabled or have a long-term illness, you will not be charged VAT on products designed or adapted for your own personal or domestic use, such as our TTfone mobile phones.
2. Who is eligible?
- Anyone who is disabled or has a long-term illness will not be charged VAT on products designed or adapted for your personal or domestic use. For VAT purposes you are disabled or have a long-term illness if:
- you have a physical or mental impairment that affects your ability to carry out everyday activities, for example blindness
- you have a condition that’s treated as chronic sickness, like diabetes
- you’re terminally ill
- If you are purchasing goods & claim VAT relief on behalf of another person, we will require some personal information (of the individual you are buying for) at checkout. This can be self-declared by the purchaser or end user both online or over the phone by providing us with a specific medical condition.
3. What do I need to do?
- The Government requires that customers fill in a simple declaration setting out the nature of their disability and/or chronic or terminal illness.
- At TTfone we do not require any proof of your disability or a doctor’s letter; however, you should remember that it is an offence to falsely claim that you or someone you are buying for is eligible for VAT relief. It is also an offence if you claim VAT relief for a business unless you are a registered charity.
4. Is there anything else I need to know?
- VAT relief is calculated in the checkout if you are purchasing a product that is eligible for VAT relief you will be asked to enter in your details, or the details of the person you are buying for. If you, or the person you are buying for, are not eligible for VAT relief under the HMRC guidelines, please skip this step and you will be charged for the full price.
- Please note that shipping costs do not come under VAT relief, and the change in price will be taken from the individual items, not the overall cost of your basket.
For more information or to claim VAT Relief, contact one of our expert advisors now on 0330 333 0819